By Travelzoo Staff
Set out into the Atlantic for a four-hour whale-watching cruise with Newburyport Whale Watch and explore Jeffreys Ledge off the coast of Rockport, Mass., in prime season according to USA Today
, which recommends Massachusetts whale-watching tours through October. For $28 per person, normally $48, Travelzoo subscribers can get up-close views of whales and other marine life. This tour departs from Newburyport, less than one hour north of downtown Boston
Why we love it
- For $28 per person, embark on a 4-hour whale-watching cruise with Newburyport Whale Watch, normally $48
- Or for $109, save more and receive 4 tickets, regularly $192
- Tours depart from the Newburyport boardwalk, less than an hour from downtown Boston
- Look out for wildlife, which may include minke whales, finback whales and marine birds
- The World Wildlife Fund says Massachusetts is one of the top 10 whale-watching destinations in the world
Sept. 3, 2012 - Oct. 15, 2012
Newburyport Whale Watch
54 Merrimac St.
Newburyport, MA 01950
- Look out for humpback whales, minke whales, finback whales and marine birds while a naturalist guide narrates the tour and talks about the sea life in the area. Cruisers can also take in the scenic views of the Massachusetts coastline.
- Step aboard the Prince of Whales, a 100-foot vessel that includes a fully stocked galley with food and refreshments, including beer and wine, available for purchase. Cruises depart daily through Sept. 3 from the Newburyport boardwalk. Schedule varies for September and October cruises departing at 10 a.m. on weekdays and 11 a.m. on weekends; please check website for exact departure dates and times.
- Bring the family and save more: For $109, receive four tickets for this exciting excursion, regularly $192. Vouchers are valid for both child and adult tickets.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Sept. 4, through Oct. 15, 2012. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Vouchers can be used for both children and adults. May buy additional as gifts for others. Children 3 years old and under are free with paid adult. Cruises depart on Mondays at 10 a.m.; Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 1:30 p.m.; Thursday-Saturday at 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.; and Sundays at 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. through Sept. 3. Schedule varies for September and October cruises departing at 10 a.m. on weekdays and 11 a.m. on weekends; please check website for exact departure dates and times. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies or voucher is subject to forfeiture. Not valid on major holidays. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms