By Travelzoo Staff
Perched over the sweeping, peaceful meadows of the Berkshires, an 18th-century bed-and-breakfast is giving Travelzoo readers an exclusive $349 retreat that cuts nearly 60% off current prices. Spend two nights at the Old Inn on the Green weekdays through March, and dine on a four-course dinner for two at the inn's acclaimed, AAA 4-Diamond restaurant, along with a tasty three-course lunch at the charming Southfield Store Cafe and daily breakfast. Weekends are also available.
Why we love it
- The New York Times lauds the intimate candle- and fireplace-lit dining rooms, where "menus are quite sophisticated, often featuring such unexpected ingredients as sea urchins, diver scallops, and squab." The chef and owner of the inn has attracted national attention, receiving accolades from Wine Spectator and Town & Country for serving cuisine that Fodor's calls "swoon-worthy."
- The neighboring town of Great Barrington was ranked the No. 1 Small Town in America by Smithsonian Magazine. The Inn is just southwest of Otis State Forest, which, "with a ski area and 20 lakes and ponds, supplies plenty of what made the Berkshires desirable in the first place—the great outdoors" (Fodor's).
- Guests will stay in either the main inn building, which was a 1760 stagecoach stop, or in the neighboring 18th-century Thayer House. Both feature authentically restored guest rooms with touches of the pre-Revolutionary period, and some boast wood-burning fireplaces. The Old Inn on the Green also has two large living rooms and a small library.
- The Inn is a 1.5-hour drive from Albany and 2.5 hours from Boston and New York City.
The Old Inn on the Green
134 Hartsville New Marlborough Rd.
Rte 57, Village Green
New Marlborough, MA 01230
What's included & when
- Nov. 12, 2012 - March 31, 2013
- 2-night Berkshires escape for 2 at the charming 18th-century Old Inn on the Green
- $349 for Sunday and Tuesday-Thursday arrivals (reg. $720); Friday and Saturday arrivals are $489
- 4-course fireside dinner for 2 (reg. $92)
- 3-course lunch for 2 at the nearby Southfield Store Cafe (reg. $40)
- Daily breakfast for 2
- Travel through March
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 413-229-7924 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on holiday weekends and Nov. 22-25; Dec. 21-31; Jan. 1, 21; Feb. 14. Note: The Old Inn on the Green Restaurant is closed Mondays and Tuesdays. Monday arrivals are not permitted. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms