By Travelzoo Staff
Escape to the White Mountains of New Hampshire, which Frommer's calls “northern New England's outdoor recreation capital.” This exclusively negotiated $149 deal (reg. $329) from the charming Sunset Hill House is packed with as much as $150 in extras including full breakfast for two, a dining credit and unlimited activities. Pick your favorite time of year to visit -- this deal is available over the later summer, fall foliage and winter seasons.
Why we love it
- Choose your own outdoor adventure while staying in the Franconia Notch region, known for its scenic drives and hiking. Traverse the area's beautiful trails with free mountain bike rentals, tee up at the on-site, 9-hole golf course, or pan for gold in the nearby streams. In the wintertime, strap on some snowshoes or bring your cross country skis -- guests get free passes to the on-site Nordic Center, which is set on a 60-acre wildlife preserve.
- After exploring, unwind at the Restaurant at Sunset Hill. Use your $50 credit toward a gourmet meal and be sure to scope out the impressive wine collection (winner of a Wine Spectator 2012 Award of Excellence).
- If you're an early riser, head to the kitchen to get a complimentary cooking demonstration from the innkeeper. You can even take home the secret to her mouthwatering maple cream cheese stuffed French toast.
- Boston and Portland are a 2.5-hour drive away.
Sunset Hill House
231 Sunset Hill Road
Sugar Hill, NH 03586
What's included & when
- Sept. 5, 2012 - Dec. 13, 2012
- Getaway for 2 to the idyllic Sunset Hill House in New Hampshire at 55% off
- $149 for 1 night in a room with mountain views, Sundays-Thursdays (reg. $179)
- Daily full breakfast for 2
- $50 dining credit at the Restaurant at Sunset Hill
- Unlimited on-site activities including greens fees at the 9-hole golf course, half-day mountain bike rentals and Nordic Center passes (reg. $100)
- $249 for 2 nights, Sunday-Wednesday arrivals, or $349 for 2 nights, Thursday-Saturday arrivals
- Travel through Sept. 27 or Oct. 15 - Dec. 13
The fine print
Update: The following dates have now sold out: Sept. 23-24. With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 800-786-4455 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Sept. 14-15; Oct. 21. Note: Dates prior to Sept. 27 are limited. The Restaurant at Sunset Hill is closed Mondays. In place of the dining credit, on Mondays guests can choose between an upgrade to a jacuzzi or fireplace room, based on availability, or a bottle of wine in room. All activities are weather permitting and subject to availability. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms