By Travelzoo Staff
Our Deal Experts found an innovative way for Travelzoo subscribers to explore cities across the U.S. Stray Boots -- rated 5 stars on TripAdvisor -- has created a high-tech way to learn about these cities during an interactive scavenger hunt. For $12, regularly up to $24, two people can take a tour in any of these 13 metropolises: New York City, Chicago, Boston, Las Vegas, Washington, D.C., New Orleans, Nashville, San Diego, San Francisco, Portland, Los Angeles, Seattle and Philadelphia.
Why we love it
- For $12, get 2 passes to a 1.5- to 3-hour interactive walking tour in a choice of 13 cities across the U.S. (regularly up to $24)
- The cities include New York, Chicago, Boston, Las Vegas, Washington, D.C., New Orleans, Nashville, San Diego, San Francisco, Portland, Los Angeles, Seattle and Philadelphia
- The Washington Post called Stray Boots "an answer for tourists who want to sightsee without upping the nerd factor"
- Choose from various tours in each city
- Stray Boots has a perfect 5-star rating on TripAdvisor
Sept. 27, 2012 - Dec. 22, 2012
- Each city has various competition-friendly tours to choose from, and you can start your tour anytime you want. Stray Boots sends you challenges via text message or by mobile web, which take you through the area of your choosing to find the answer. When you reach your destination, answer a trivia question correctly to receive the next clue. Along the way, you learn interesting and fun facts about the locale and sights. Each tour lasts 1.5 to three hours, and the starting point varies by tour.
- Stray Boots has garnered an impressive list of reviews, including The Washington Post, which called it "an answer for tourists who want to sightsee without upping the nerd factor."
The fine print
Two people must use this offer together (versus 1 person doing 2 separate tours). Vouchers can be redeemed Friday, Sept. 28, through Dec. 22, 2012. The scavenger hunt takes place via cell phone and lasts about 1.5 to 3 hours. To redeem, go to http://www.strayboots.com/redeem and enter the voucher code by Dec. 22. Enter your information and click "Choose Where to Play," and select your tour. Instructions and activation code will be sent via email. Game starts once you send the activation code via text message to the number provided or enter it on a web-enabled mobile device. Starting points vary depending on the city and tour. Must have a U.S. cellular phone and plan that can receive text messages; standard text message rates may apply. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms