By Amanda Retzer
Simi Winery is a "sure bet" with a tour that offers an "extensive peek inside and explains all the current gadgetry used in modern winemaking" (Wine Spectator).
Why we love it
- Brothers Pietro and Giuseppe Simi produced the first wine under the Simi name in 1876
- 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor with a 2013 Certificate of Excellence
- The Wall Street Journal's holiday gift guide featured Simi wine last year
- Picturesque Healdsburg winery nestled among towering redwoods
- One of the only California wineries to survive Prohibition
Feb. 21, 2014 - May 31, 2014
16275 Healdsburg Ave.
Healdsburg, CA 95448
- $19 for a tour and tastings for two (reg. $38)
Tour of the historic stone cellar, redwood grove and gardens
Sit-down tasting of four wines each, such as the 2010 Simi Landslide Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon Alexander Valley, which won Double Gold at the 2013 SF International Wine Competition
Two souvenir "Go Vino" wine glasses
20% off any wine bottles purchased on the day of your visit
If you decide to join the wine club on the day of your visit, receive 30% off all wine purchases that day.
The fine print
Valid Feb. 21, 2014 - May 31, 2014. Tours depart daily at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Reservations required; subject to availability. Must reserve at least three days in advance. Valid during merchant's operating hours. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. Please tip on the full value; 18-20% is customary for good service.
See all terms