By Caroline Patience
Learn the art of pairing wine with food during a 90-minute class at Judd's Hill. Or make a day of it and take a blending class with take-home bottles.
Why we love it
- Led by knowledgeable winery staff, the SF Chronicle says "tastings are intimate affairs"
- Small, family-run winery located on the picturesque Silverado Trail
- 7x7 says Judd's Hill is a "pioneer" in the blending experience
- And the Chronicle calls it "a terrific experience for wannabe winemakers"
- Owner Judd Finkelstein leads a Hawaiian band and often performs with his ukulele
Nov. 7, 2013 - April 30, 2014
Judd's Hill Winery
2332 Silverado Trail
Napa, CA 94558
- For $39 (reg. $80), two can take a 90-minute wine tasting class with food and flavor pairings
Taste five wines and learn how to perfectly pair them with different flavors including cheeses and fruits like figs and citrus
Sip on some of Judd's award-winning reserve wines such as the 2011 Old Vine Zinfandel, 2012 Viognier and a 2009 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon
Or for $255 (reg. $395), try your hand at winemaking; up to four people can spend a morning sipping and swirling during a three-hour wine-blending camp
Learn to taste and create Bordeaux-style blends and take home six bottles of wine
Once you've created your blend, you'll get to hand-bottle and label it to take home
The fine print
Note: Number of available weekend vouchers is limited, so the deal might sell out before "Time Left to Buy" expires. Weekday vouchers can be redeemed Thursday, Nov. 7 - April 30, 2014. Weekend vouchers can be redeemed Saturday, Nov. 9 - April 27, 2014. Reservations are required and must be made 48 hours in advance; subject to availability. Not valid on holidays and holiday weekends. Must be of legal drinking age to participate and consume alcohol.
See all terms