By Travelzoo Staff
Fly above Sonoma and take in dramatic views of the San Francisco skyline and Wine Country's picturesque landscape from the cockpit of a T-6, an original 1943 aircraft. For $199, regularly $320, start the adventure with a ground briefing that will cover the history of the plane and then take to the skies.
Why we love it
- For $199, reg. $320, get a 2-hour flight experience in an authentic Warbird
- Before you set off, you'll be briefed about the historic T-6 aircraft
- You'll also slip on a 1940s-style combat flight suit and communication headset
- Pilot Dean Thomas has more than 40 years of flying experience
Take off from Sonoma Skypark, 5 minutes from downtown Sonoma
April 24, 2013 - Oct. 30, 2013
Pilot Maker Foundation
Sonoma Skypark Airport
21870 8th Street East
Sonoma, CA 95476
- Take off from Sonoma Skypark, only five minutes from downtown Sonoma. Start with 20-30 minutes of ground instruction that will cover the operation and mechanics of the plane. Pilot Dean Thomas will also brief you on the airplane's storied past and the crucial role it played in training WWII fighter pilots. Then, experience 20 minutes of flying time; take the controls or simple enjoy the ride while taking in aerial views of San Francisco and Sonoma's vineyard-covered hills.
- Flights include an official FAA log book. Videos of the experience and additional flying time are available for an additional fee (paid directly to the merchant).
- Terms & Conditions
- Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, April 30 through Oct. 30, 2013. Reservations are required. Flight times are subject to availability and are weather permitting. Reservations cannot be made more than 3 weeks in advance. Valid during merchant's operating hours. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 48 hours' notice. Gratuity and tax, if applicable, are not included. Must be at least 16 years old. Persons under 18 years old require parental consent. Maximum weight per passenger is 230 pounds. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Not valid on products. Must be used in 1 visit. This deal cannot be combined with any other offer.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, April 30, through Oct. 30, 2013. Reservations are required and cannot be made more than 3 weeks in advance. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Must be at least 16 years old. Persons under 18 years old require parental consent. Maximum weight per passenger is 230 pounds. See below for full terms and conditions.