By Travelzoo Staff
Nestled in the shelter of towering redwoods, the peaceful Applewood Inn was named one of the West's Best Small Inns by Sunset Magazine. Travelzoo has negotiated an exclusive $295 deal for two that shaves more than 45% off a package that includes a five-course dinner at its fine-dining restaurant plus breakfast, sparkling wine upon arrival, a $75 spa credit and wine-tasting passes.
Why we love it
- Upon check-in, sip sparkling wine before tucking into a room at the retreat "ideally suited for the wine country" (Conde Nast Traveler). Arrive Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday through Nov. 17.
- Dine at the Restaurant at Applewood -- which earned a Michelin star in 2011 and 2012 -- in the "barn-like dining room, complete with a vaulted and beamed ceiling and a soaring stone fireplace at either end of the room" (Michelin Guide). Enjoy California cuisine "interpreted with French techniques and Italian accents" with a five-course chef's tasting menu, which can feature dishes like pan-seared diver scallops and a cocoa-nib-crusted rack of lamb.
- Relax with a $75 spa credit toward a 60-minute couples massage (regularly $200) and the "wine passport," offering tastings for two to as many as 25 local wineries.
- Upgrade available: Settle into a Junior Suite -- measuring more than 500 square feet -- for $345 with the above extras. These rooms feature a fireplace, and many offer a spa tub, two-person shower and a private patio or balcony.
- About the location: The inn is one mile from downtown Guerneville and close to several wineries in Sonoma's Russian River Valley region, nominated for Wine Region of the Year 2011 by Wine Enthusiast. It is about 1.5 hours driving distance from San Francisco.
13555 Highway 116
Guerneville, CA 95446
Tel: (800) 555-8509
What's included & when
- June 10, 2013 - Nov. 17, 2013
- Quaint Sonoma retreat for 2 at the Applewood Inn for more than 45% off
- $295 per night or $430 for 2 nights
- 5-course chef's tasting menu dinner for 2 (reg. $150)
- 2 glasses of sparkling wine upon arrival (3-6 p.m.)
- Wine passport with tastings for 2 at up to 25 wineries (reg. $50)
- $75 spa credit toward a 60-minute couples massage
- Daily hot breakfast
- Upgrade option: 1 night in a Junior suite with the above extras for $345
- Arrive Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday through Nov. 17
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 800-555-8509 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: July 4, 7, 14, 28; Aug. 1, 4-5, 18; Sept. 1-2, 22; Nov. 3. Two-night packages can arrive Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday only. The Restaurant is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms