By Travelzoo Staff
The golden age of train travel lives on in Chattanooga, Tenn., at this Historic Hotel of America that Fodor’s calls one of the area’s “best-loved attractions.” Book a one-night stay at the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel for $99 including a $25 dining credit and two tickets to the Model Railroad Museum -- a savings of nearly 45% on regular pricing. Travel any day of the week through February, including weekends. Two-night stays are just $75 more and include a second $25 credit.
Why we love it
- While at the hotel, walk through the formal outdoor gardens, take a dip in the indoor pool, hop on an authentic 1924 New Orleans trolley or go on a carriage ride. The museum includes more than 3,000 feet of track and 150 switches. Standard rooms can sleep up to four people and include free Internet access. Opt to stay in a converted Victorian train car for two nights, Sunday-Wednesday arrivals, for $209 and receive the same extras.
- Chattanooga is 1.5 hours from Atlanta, 2 hours from Nashville and 2 hours from Birmingham, Ala. A free shuttle is available from the hotel to local attractions such as the Tennessee Aquarium, the Chattanooga Zoo and Warner Park.
Chattanooga Choo Choo
1400 Market Street
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Tel: (800) 872-2529
What's included & when
- Oct. 23, 2012 - Feb. 28, 2013
- Historic escape for up to 4 people at a converted Chattanooga train terminal for nearly 45% off current pricing
- $99 for 1 night at the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel daily, including weekends
- $25 to spend at the hotel restaurant
- 2 tickets to the Model Railroad Museum
- $174 for a 2-night stay plus a second $25 dining credit (reg. $348)
- $209 for a 2-night stay in a converted Victorian train car with the same extras, Sunday-Wednesday arrivals (reg. $418)
- Travel through Feb. 28
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 800-872-2529 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Nov. 2, 23-24; Dec. 31; Jan. 25-26, 2013. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms