By Caroline Patience
Fodor's says that the Drums of the Pacific Luau "excels at every category," from the food and open bar to the entertainment and "breathtaking location."
Why we love it
- Get admission to the three-hour event for more than 50% off regular prices
- Indulge in a Hawaiian dinner buffet and unlimited drinks (cocktails, beer or nonalcoholic)
- The 40-acre Hyatt Maui is a "fantasy" with "lots of imaginative touches" (Frommer's)
- Take in a Hawaiian sunset on Kaanapali Beach surrounded by tropical gardens
- Observe Polynesian music, crafts, artwork and fashion and a thrilling fire-knife finale
Oct. 15, 2013 - Dec. 20, 2013; blackout dates apply
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa
200 Nohea Kai Dr.
Lahaina, HI 96761
- For $119, get admission for 2 adults (reg. $105 each) and 1 child (ages 6-12; reg. $49) to the Drums of the Pacific Luau
After a lei greeting, grab a mai tai or fruit punch and feast on traditional Hawaiian fare like Kalua pork, Huli Huli chicken and ahi poke
Performances take guests on a journey to the Polynesian Islands through music and dance
Highlights include hands-on arts and crafts demonstrations, an impressive torch-lighting and an authentic imu ceremony (unveiling of the roasted pig)
The fine print
Valid during merchant's event hours; luaus are held nightly at 5 p.m. Monday-Saturday. Luaus are not held on Sundays. Not valid during the Thanksgiving holiday week (Nov. 24-30, 2013). Reservations required; subject to availability. Reservations must be made by e-mail (see booking instructions on voucher). Check-in starts at 5 p.m. at the Sunset Terrace on Kaanapali Beach. Children 5 years old and under are free.
See all terms