By Travelzoo Staff
Learn how to ride the waves of Waikiki Beach, then cool off on a laid-back canoe ride with this Local Deal. For $55, get a 1.5-hour group surf lesson, including surfboard rental, followed by a 30-minute outrigger canoe ride with Big Wave Dave Surf Co., regularly $110.
Why we love it
- For $55, learn to surf with a 1.5-hour lesson, then canoe to the reefs off Waikiki Beach with Big Wave Dave Surf Co., regularly $110
- For $40, just get the group surf lesson
- Or, choose from these options: For $109, 2 people can have the surf and canoe experience; for $219, 4 people can
- Each class holds up to 7 people and is led by a experienced instructor
April 29, 2013 - Oct. 31, 2013
Big Wave Dave Surf Co.
2450 Koa Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96815
- First, you'll get 20 minutes of instruction, during which you will learn techniques on the shore. Then, hit the waves to put these techniques to practice. Experienced instructors will teach you to paddle, stand up and ride those legendary Hawaiian waves, whether you're a beginner or intermediate surfer.
- Afterward, get in an outrigger canoe and explore the reefs off Waikiki Beach, where you can catch glimpses of colorful fish and sea turtles before heading back to shore.
- Or you can choose from these other options: For $109, two can have this experience (normally $220); for $219, four can have this experience (normally $440); or for $40, just take the group surf lesson only (normally $80).
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, April 25, through Oct. 31, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies, or the voucher is subject to forfeiture. Each student must know how to swim and be at least 6 years old. All lessons are subject to cancellation due to poor weather conditions; such canceled lessons can be rescheduled. Limit 1 voucher per person; additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. See full terms and conditions below.
See all terms