By Travelzoo Staff
Professional surfer Kai Sallas was ranked the second-best longboard surfer in the world in 2011. Now, Sallas and his staff of expert surfers are teaching students how to take to the waters themselves at Kai Sallas' Pro Surf School in Waikiki, ranked among the top three tours on the island by TripAdvisor users, who also award it 5 stars. With this deal, take a surf lesson and then keep riding waves with five days of longboard rental for $99, regularly $214.
Why we love it
- For $99, spend nearly a week surfing the waves of Waikiki with a surf lesson and 5 days of board rental, regularly $214
- Save more money and learn to surf as a couple with a lesson for 2 and 5 days of board rental for $159, a 60% savings on the normal $428 rate
- Lessons take place on a secluded section of Waikiki Beach, away from the tourist-populated spots for better instruction
Dec. 3, 2012 - March 31, 2013
Kai Sallas' Pro Surf School Hawaii
2552 Kalakaua Ave. P160
In the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
Honolulu, HI 96815
- Two students can hit the waves and save even more with a lesson and rental for $159, regularly $428.
- Lessons begin with a 20-minute introduction to surfing on land, and after that students will spend over an hour and a half in the water with their instructor, learning to paddle over waves, maneuver and turn the surfboard, proper stance, safety techniques and surf etiquette.
- After the lesson is complete, subscribers will receive five total days of longboard rental, so you can finish the day on the water practicing what you've learned and then spend the rest of the time improving those skills. Lessons include everything needed to learn to surf, including transportation to a less-crowded beach, board, surf leash, rash guard and surf booties.
Our Deal Experts have sourced more than 100 Local Deals across the U.S. and Canada for our Holiday Gift Guide
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Dec. 4, through March 30, 2013. Reservation required at least 72 hours in advance. 24-hour cancellation notice applies. Lessons are at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. daily. Must be 11 or older to participate. Must sign waiver. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms