By Travelzoo Staff
Paddle through the Hawaii Kai Marina and into the picturesque Maunalua Bay in an outrigger canoe, a vessel used by native Hawaiians for more than 2,000 years. For $39, regularly $89, take a two-hour outrigger canoe tour, including 30 minutes of instruction, equipment review and a brief history of the canoe.
Why we love it
- For $39, take an outrigger canoe tour of Hawaii Kai and Maunalua Bay, regularly $89
- The 2-hour tour includes instruction and equipment
- Outrigger canoeing is an ancient Hawaiian sport with a 2,000-year history
- Canoe tours are available Monday through Saturday
- Whale, dolphin and turtle sightings are common
- Or, get a 2-hour stand-up paddleboard lesson for $49, regularly $99
Oct. 16, 2012 - March 4, 2013
Hawaiian Surf Adventure
7192 Kalanianaole Hwy.
Honolulu, HI 96825
- A professional instructor will teach you about the ancient art of open-ocean canoe travel. Spot marine life like whales, dolphins and turtles as you float past the affluent Hawaii Kai neighborhood and along the peaceful Maunalua Bay. Each canoe can accommodate up to 11 people. Canoe tours are offered Monday-Friday at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. and Saturday at 2:30 p.m.
- Or, get a two-hour stand-up paddleboard lesson for $49, regularly $99. Paddleboard lessons can accommodate up to six people per group and include 20 minutes of land instruction. Lessons are available Monday-Saturday at 9 a.m., 12 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Oct. 16, through March 4, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability; must be made at least 24 hours in advance. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies; voucher is subject to forfeiture. Subject to availability and weather conditions. Must be at least 5 years of age to canoe and 8 years of age to paddleboard. If under 18, must have a guardian present before the tour to sign a waiver. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms