By Travelzoo Staff
Take a ride with the Coopersville & Marne Railway Company and experience train travel like it was in the Wild West -- including a heist by a gang of bandits on horseback. Two people can embark on this Great Train Robbery-themed ride for just $15.50, regularly $31.
Why we love it
- This 1.5-hour ride into the past takes passengers into the middle of a Wild West shootout between bandits and lawmen
- USA Today recommends the scenic train rides from the Coopersville & Marne Railway Company
- Take a seat in the vintage rail car and ride on tracks that were first laid in 1858
June 4, 2013 - July 27, 2013
The Coopersville & Marne Railway Company
311 E. Danforth St.
Coopersville, MI 49404
- Depart from Coopersville on July 13, 20 or 27, and ride in the vintage rail car pulled by a historic 1952 electromotive diesel/electric engine. As the train embarks on the 1.5-hour journey, you'll meet some of the characters aboard dressed in period costumes. Along the way, a gang of western bandits on horseback attempt to rob the train and are met with stiff resistance by the old-fashioned lawmen that are luckily on board to save the day. All passengers are also given phony money and jewelry to fool the bandits in case the lawmen can't stop them from boarding.
- This family-friendly activity is held as a fundraiser for the Ottawa County Sheriff's Office, and most of the volunteers (both bandits and lawmen) are part of the local law enforcement.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed July 13, 20 or 27. Reservations are required and should be made in advance. Departure times are 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.; check website (www.mitrain.net/) for details. Please arrive 20 minutes before scheduled departure time. Children under 2 years old ride free. Tax and gratuity are not included. This deal cannot be combined with any other offer. Must be used in 1 visit.
See all terms