By Travelzoo Staff
Cirque Mechanics and Grand Rapids Symphony team up for shows next weekend, and tickets are now half off for matinee performances. The New York Times calls the troupe, "exceptional, evocative, eye-catching and, to keep the list short, engrossingly entertaining."
Why we love it
- Cirque Mechanics and Grand Rapids Symphony perform together at DeVos Hall
- Select seats to matinee performances, April 20-21, are 50% off
- The show features the Gantry Bike, a pedal-driven, 18-foot-high mechanical apparatus
- The New York Times calls the show "engrossingly entertaining"
April 16, 2013 - April 20, 2013
DeVos Performance Hall
303 Monroe Avenue Northwest
Grand Rapids, MI
Tel: (616) 742-6500
- See the show on Saturday-Sunday, April 20-21, at 3 p.m. in DeVos Performance Hall with discounted seats in the following sections:
- Saturday's performance
- Side Orchestra, Middle Mezzanine, Middle Balcony ... $24.50 (reg. $49)
- Middle Orchestra, Front Mezzanine, Front Balcony ... $33 (reg. $66)
- Sunday's performance
- Front Balcony ... $27 (reg. $54)
- As aerialists, acrobats, contortionists, dancers and jugglers create the magic of cirque, the Grand Rapids Symphony will perform a wide array of orchestral favorites, including Mozart’s “Marriage of Figaro,” Copland’s “Fanfare for the Common Man” and Dukas’ “Sorcerer’s Apprentice,” a piece made famous by Disney’s “Fantasia.”
The fine print
Please call the Grand Rapids Symphony Ticket Office at (616) 454-9451, Ext. 4 (Monday-Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.) and reserve your tickets by Thursday, April 18, at 12 p.m. For wheelchair seating call (616) 454-9451, Ext. 5 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm). Redeem voucher on day of show at the Travelzoo table at DeVos Performance Hall. Seating allocated by box office as best available. Tickets purchased together will be seated together. This deal cannot be combined with any other offer. Must be used in 1 visit. No refunds or exchanges. Not valid after show date.