By Travelzoo Staff
Skim across the snowy surfaces of upstate New York with this Local Deal for snowkiting, which The New York Times pegged "winter's newest extreme sport" a few seasons ago. For $65, regularly $130, take a group lesson with Kite Club NY and learn to use wind power to glide on snow or ice.
Why we love it
- For $65, take a snowkiting lesson from Kite Club NY
- This deal for 1 person includes a 90-minute group lesson with hands-on instruction
- For $150, get a 3-hour private lesson with more kiting time, regularly $300
- Both deals include a cup of hot chocolate or tea to warm up after the lesson
- It's good for all skill levels, including beginners
Jan. 16, 2013 - April 3, 2013
- This 90-minute group lesson includes information about the history of the sport and instruction on basic kite maneuvers and is good for all skill levels. For $150, take the three-hour private lesson that teaches how to launch and land a full-size inflatable kite. Both deals include a cup of hot chocolate or tea.
- Lessons take place in Dutchman’s Landing Park (Catskill, N.Y.), Maalwyck Park (Glenville, N.Y.), Boat Launch (North Broadalbin, N.Y.) and Tug Hill (Lewis County, N.Y.); location of lessons will vary depending on weather conditions. Please call ahead to confirm location.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, Jan. 17 through April 3, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Please call 202-549-7693 well in advance of your desired date. See below for lesson location; vary depending on weather conditions. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 48 hours’ notice. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Must be at least 12 years of age and weigh under 280 pounds to partcipate. Offer is final sale and non-refundable. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms