By Travelzoo Staff
Overlooking the tranquil waters of Big Moose Lake, a historic hunting-lodge-turned-inn is a haven of relaxation for travelers seeking a wilderness escape. With this exclusively negotiated Travelzoo deal, get the "quintessential Adirondack experience" (per Frommer's) at Big Moose Inn, plus complimentary daily breakfast, unlimited use of the hotel's fleet of canoes and kayaks and a $50 credit toward food and drinks in the dining room or tavern.
Why we love it
- For $299, arrive Sundays-Wednesdays, June 30 - Aug. 28, for a two-night stay in a room with lake views.
- With a rambling front porch and a cozy common area, the inn offers plenty of spots to unwind after a day of hiking, kayaking or canoeing. Dine on hearty dishes like grilled rack of lamb, vegetable lasagna or lobster mac 'n' cheese in the inn's elegant dining room, or choose the drinks and casual pub fare offered in the tavern. Wake up to complimentary continental breakfast each day.
- Big Moose Inn is a 2.5-hour drive from Albany.
Big Moose Inn
1510 Big Moose Rd.
Eagle Bay, NY 13331
Tel: (315) 357-2042
What's included & when
- April 16, 2013 - Aug. 29, 2013
- Adirondack getaway for 2 at Big Moose Inn at 50% off
- $299 for 2 nights in a room with lake views
- Includes daily continental breakfast, a $50 dining credit and canoe and kayak usage
- Arrive Sundays-Wednesdays, June 30 - Aug. 28
Literature buffs will be interested to know that the hotel was the site of Chester Gillette's murder of Grace Brown in 1906, which inspired the Theodore Dreiser novel "An American Tragedy."
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 315-357-2042 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Note that you may need to leave a message with your desired dates of stay and contact information; you will receive a confirmation from the hotel within 24 hours. Not available on: July 3. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms