By Travelzoo Staff
"Defined by rolling hills, shady valleys and historic villages," southern Vermont rewards visitors by being "both rugged and lovely" (Frommer's). Castle Hill Resort and Spa -- an English Tudor-style stone manor rising on its own scenic overlook -- offers Travelzoo readers an exclusive package for two that saves more than 70% on current rates.
Why we love it
- Visit Sundays-Thursdays through June 30 for a one-night stay for $99. Two-night weekend retreats through June 15 are $259 (reg. $598).
- Check into a castle room in the historic main mansion, which was originally built as the country estate for a former governor in the early 1900s. These rooms have hardwood floors and period furnishings such as Tiffany lamps. Or make it a family getaway by staying in a Condo Hotel Suite. These rooms, which offer a sitting area with sofa-bed and are in newer buildings speckled among the property's pine forests, fit up to two adults and two children.
- Each guest receives a $25 credit toward a 50-minute massage at the Aveda Spa. Or combine the credits toward the purchase of a romantic couples massage. Bookings also come with $25 to use toward a prix fixe, three-course dinner for two in the wood-paneled Castle Restaurant dining room that serves locally sourced meats and produce.
- Springtime visitors will get to watch flowers bloom across the resort's grounds, which were designed by the son of the architect who laid out Central Park. New England charm stretches farther afield, across the area's 15 covered bridges on the way to Buttermilk Falls in Okemo State Forest.
Castle Hill Resort and Spa
2910 Vermont 103
Proctorsville, VT 05149
What's included & when
- April 11, 2013 - June 30, 2013
- Green Mountains retreat for 2 at Castle Hill Resort and Spa at more than 70% off
- $99 per night in a historic Castle Queen room, Sundays-Thursdays (reg. $279)
- $25 credit toward a 3-course prix fixe dinner for 2
- 2 $25 credits toward two 50-minute massages
- Travel through June 30
- 2-night weekend option: Arrive Fridays or Saturdays through June 15 for $259 with the above extras
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 888-764-6836 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. If Castle Queen rooms are not available on desired dates, guests may opt to stay in Condo Hotel Suites, located on the property. Dinner is not available on: May 3-4; June 1, 15, 21-22, 27-28. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms