By Travelzoo Staff
Escape to what Frommer's calls "one of the most extraordinary places to stay in the Finger Lakes region" with this exclusively negotiated Travelzoo deal at the Belhurst Castle. Two guests can retreat to this romantic hotel with a $169-per-night package that includes $100 to spend on dining, spa treatments, or at the wine and gift shop. This package regularly would cost $280. Make it a two-night stay for $100 more.
Why we love it
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the majestic castle overlooks Lake Seneca in Geneva, N.Y. Guests will stay in the Vinifera Inn, the newest addition to the estate, featuring rooms with modern comforts and amenities like in-room Jacuzzis, gas fireplaces and views of the lake.
- Those looking for a more private escape can stay two miles down the road at White Springs Manor for $99 (credit not included). This Georgian revival mansion is set among the vineyards and features period guestrooms with king-size beds, fireplaces and Jacuzzi tubs. Guests of White Springs will get a free tasting for two and 10% off wine purchases at nearby Ravines Wine Cellars.
- After settling in, head to Edgar's in the old castle for a meal. The menu features upscale fare such as broiled mushroom caps stuffed with domestic elk sausage, filet mignon and creamy three-cheese seafood risotto. The more casual Stonecutters offers traditional tavern dishes, drinks in front of a fireplace and an outside patio with lake views and a fire pit to stay cozy.
- Other noteworthy amenities include a spa and the Belhurst Estate Winery. Guests can visit the wine shop and take part in a tasting of the estate's award-winning wines.
4069 Route 14 South
Geneva, NY 14456
What's included & when
- Nov. 28, 2012 - Feb. 28, 2013
- Escape for 2 to the Belhurst Castle, facing Lake Seneca in the Finger Lakes, for 40% off
- $169 for 1 night in a Vinifera Inn room with a Jacuzzi and gas fireplace
- $100 to spend at the spa, on dining, or in the wine and gift shop
- Travel Mondays-Thursdays, November-January, and Sunday, Dec. 23; make it a 2-night escape for $100 more (reg. $460)
- Vineyard Manor Option: Stay among the vineyards just down the road at the White Springs Manor for $99 for 1 night (reg. $159) or $179 for 2 nights (reg. $314); travel weekdays November-February ($100 credit not included)
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 315-781-0201 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Dec. 31. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms