By Ashley Pyle
Save 50% on day and week passes for Citi Bike, the bike share system that earns praise from The New York Times, New York Post and The Wall Street Journal.
Why we love it
- Conveniently release and return bikes at 300+ docking stations in Manhattan and Brooklyn
- An easy way to make short trips across town, and saves on cab fare after just one ride
- Take advantage of hundreds of miles of bike lanes to avoid traffic congestion
- Enjoy scenic paths such as Manhattan's waterfront greenway
- Passes are valid for an entire year -- use now or stock up for warmer months
Dec. 10, 2013 - Nov. 30, 2014
- For $5, receive one 24-Hour Access Pass, with an unlimited number of 30-minute trips for 24 hours (reg. $9.95 plus tax)
For $12, receive one 7-Day Access Pass, with an unlimited number of 30-minute trips for 7 days (reg. $25 plus tax)
- Both options include tax
Read Citi Bike's tips
to ride comfortably and confidently on the road and plan a sensible route
The fine print
Valid Dec. 10, 2013 - Nov. 30, 2014. Valid credit card required at the kiosk. A preauthorization hold of $101 per bike is placed on your card account that serves as a security deposit and will be released when the hold expires. Please note it is recommended to use a credit card instead of a debit card for the security deposit. Must be 16 years old. Limit five voucher purchases per person; may buy additional as gifts. If purchase limit is exceeded, voucher is subject to forfeiture. First 30 minutes of every trip is included in the voucher. Overtime charges, if applicable, are not included. Trips longer than 30 minutes incur overtime fees. See Citi Bike for details on overtime fees. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges.
See all terms
1. Purchase voucher and redeem at any Citi Bike station kiosk. Valid credit card required at the kiosk.
2. Have the voucher handy in print or on your phone.
3. Choose "Get a Bike" at the kiosk screen and then enter the voucher number when prompted for a gift certificate number.
4. You will be issued a ride code to unlock a bike. Simply enter this into the keypad next to any available bike. Wait for the green light and lift the bike by the seat to undock.
5. Ride and return to any Citi Bike station.
When you are ready to take another bike, visit the station kiosk and choose "Request New Ride Code." You will need to enter your credit card to verify your access pass is still active. You will not be charged again.
To find the station nearest you, visit http://citibikenyc.com/stations