By Metra Farrari
Sneak away to "an understated jewel" of the Jersey Shore (Fodor's), and save 40% at The Star Inn, a classic Cape May beach hotel.
Why we love it
- Cape May, N.J., a winsome Jersey Shore destination, is known as the nation's first seaside resort town
- Saunter through the scenic streets, lined with Victorian gingerbread houses, charming shops and even an old-fashioned soda fountain
- The Star Inn is across the street from its sister hotel Congress Hall, home to the well-known Blue Pig Tavern and a full-service spa
- Families or groups of friends can sprawl out in the small suites, featuring a king bed and a separate living room with a pull-out sofa and a kitchenette
29 Perry St.
Cape May, NJ 08204
What's included & when
- Nov. 3 - Jan. 31; rates vary within the travel period and blackout dates apply
- $89 per night for up to four people, Sundays-Thursdays, Nov. 3 - Jan. 30
Or for $20 more, stay over Fridays in January (arrive Jan. 3, 10, 17, 24, or 31)
Stay in Efficiency Suites, many with a private backyard or balcony with rocking chairs
Two welcome cocktails at the Brown Lounge, free parking and Wi-Fi access
Guests receive 15% off one treatment and one merchandise purchase at Sea Spa
Weekday stays get a 1 p.m. late checkout
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 800-297-3779 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Nov. 28; Dec. 26-31; Jan. 1. Reservations must be made by Dec. 15. The $109 Friday voucher is valid for use Jan. 3, 10, 17, 24 or 31, pending availability. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged.
See all terms