By Kristin Viola
Save 40% on a food tasting tour of the Original Farmers Market, led by Melting Pot Food Tours, which boasts 5-star ratings on Yelp and TripAdvisor.
Why we love it
- Comes with a cookbook to take home and all-day parking
- Ideal for tourists and "Angelenos looking to learn about [LA's] splendid flavors" (LA Times)
- Sample a diverse selection of fare ranging from Brazilian cuisine to toffee
- Learn the history of the Original Farmers Market, which opened in 1934
April 8, 2014 - June 27, 2014; Thursdays-Saturdays at 9:30 a.m.
Melting Pot Food Tours
Exact meeting point will be provided upon reservation
6333 W. 3rd St.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
- $49 (reg. $82) for a 2.5-hour food tasting tour at the Original Farmers Market (adjacent to The Grove); view list of possible eateries
- Taste signature items from a variety of on-site eateries, like a doughnut from Bob's Coffee & Donuts, toffee at Littlejohn's English Toffee House, and sausage and yucca at Pampas Grill
- Receive a copy of "L.A.'s Original Farmers Market Cookbook" by JoAnn Cianciulli
- Comes with validated all-day parking for one car at the Original Farmers Market
- Or for $95, bring a friend on the tour (reg. $141)
The fine print
Valid through June 27, 2014. Tours are held on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 9:30 a.m. Children under age five who do not partake in tastings are free. Reservations required; subject to availability and weather. Advance reservations are recommended. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture. There is no credit for a no-show. Limit one purchase per person; may buy additional as gifts. If limit is exceeded, voucher subject to forfeiture. Tasting items are subject to change.
See all terms