By Nicole Guanlao
For 45% off, escape smog and gridlock and journey to the "clean air, crystal-clear water and the blissful absence of traffic" of Catalina Island (Frommer's).
Why we love it
- Guests can select a package with two roundtrip ferry tickets valued at $150
- Visit Fly.com for cheap flights to L.A. and depart from three ports with ferry access to Catalina
- Stroll to the beach, shops and restaurants or explore the island's miles of hiking trails
- Featured on Cooking Channel's "Chuck's Eat the Street" for its eclectic dining options
205 Crescent Ave
Avalon, CA 90704
What's included & when
- Through April; blackout dates apply
- $219 per night with two roundtrip ferry tickets, Sundays-Thursdays through March 27
- $299 per night with two 60-minute Swedish massages, Sundays-Thursdays through April
- Accommodations in a Deluxe Room for two
- Weekend option: $899 for a two-night stay in a spacious VIP Room with full ocean views, whirlpool tub and a fireplace, Friday-Saturday arrivals through April 22
- All packages include a bottle of Champagne and daily light continental breakfast for two
Catalina Island limits the number of vehicles allowed on its shores, but the scenic harbor in Avalon -- the island's main town -- is easy to navigate on foot; travelers can also take taxis and rent bicycles or golf carts for longer excursions.
The fine print
Update (Jan. 30 at 5:04 p.m. PT): There are three ports with round trip ferry access to Catalina Island during this travel period. These ports are San Pedro, Long Beach and Dana Point. Contact the hotel directly for ferry schedules. This deal is no longer available Feb. 9, 14-16. Deluxe King Rooms are no longer available on Feb. 25; March 9, 23. This deal is not available on: March 14-15. Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 800-541-8528 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Guests can combine multiple vouchers for longer stays, subject to restrictions. Based on double occupancy. Personal vehicles are not allowed on Catalina Island. Guests must use a ferry to reach the island. For guests purchasing the voucher with ferry tickets, call the hotel directly to reserve your stay and ferry travel. The hotel will email guests ferry vouchers with times of travel. This hotel is not pet-friendly. A 12% tax is payable to the hotel at the time of booking. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged.
See all terms