By Travelzoo Staff
Receive an introduction to the art of glass fusing and make your own creations with this workshop in Hollywood for 50% off.
Why we love it
- Learn about the different types of glass, how to cut it, and the different fusing techniques
- You'll get to make pieces such as jewelry or decorative tiles
- Give your colorful works of art as gifts to friends or family
- Work with highly luminous dichroic glass, which has multiple colors, patterns and textures
Select dates Dec. 26, 2013 - March 31, 2014
MIY Ceramics & Glass Studio
723 S. 21th Ave.
Hollywood, FL 33020
- $35 for a two-hour intro to glass-fusing workshop for one person (reg. $70)
Go with a friend for $59 (reg. $140) and save even more
Class covers an overview of glass properties and fusing techniques, a demo of glass cutting and how to lay glass in artistic patterns
Followed by a hands-on session to make a dichroic glass jewelry piece, decorative tile, wind chime or suncatcher
Make larger pieces such as serving platters for an additional charge
Includes basic glass materials and one firing; colored glasses bases and slumping services (shaping the flat base) are extra
Note: Pieces will be ready for pick up in about 10 days
The fine print
Valid Dec. 26, 2013 - March 31, 2014. Reservations required; subject to availability. See calendar here to make reservation; follow voucher instructions. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Must be 10 or older. Minimum of five participants are required for workshop to take place.
See all terms