By Kristin Viola
A record number of whales have been spotted migrating south this season (LA Times). Observe the peak gray or blue whale migration with this excursion.
Why we love it
- Peak gray whale season through May; spot blue whales starting in June
- Also catch views of dolphins, humpback whales, orcas and other sea creatures
- Good for trips into September
- Harbor Breeze is rated 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor and 4 stars on Yelp
April 15, 2014 - Sept. 5, 2014; dates and tour times vary by voucher
Harbor Breeze Cruises
100 Aquarium Way
Long Beach, CA 90802
- $23 for admission for one to a three-hour blue whale-watching cruise, valid June 1-Sept. 5 (reg. $50)
- $40 for admission for two to the blue whale-watching cruise (reg. $100)
- $35 for admission for two to a two-hour gray whale-watching cruise, valid through end of May (reg. $70)
- A naturalist from the Aquarium of the Pacific narrates the tour, pointing out whale sightings plus local landmarks, such as the Queen Mary
- Drinks and snacks are available for purchase onboard
Afterward, grab dinner and drinks at nearby Agaves Kitchen with this deal
for half off.
The fine print
Valid April 15, 2014 - Sept. 5, 2014; dates and tour times vary by voucher. Gray whale watching tours: Valid Monday-Friday for trips departing at 12 p.m. and 3 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday for trips departing at 9 a.m. only. Blue whale watching tours: Valid Monday-Friday for trips departing at 12 p.m. and 3:30 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday for trips departing at 9 a.m. only. Reservations are required and must be made by e-mail; subject to availability. Trips are weather permitting. Must arrive at Dock #2 at least 30 minutes prior to departure time and present voucher upon arrival. Tax, if applicable and gratuity are not included. Please tip on the full value of the experience. Children two and under are free. Not valid on holidays or holiday weekends (call merchant for specific date restrictions). 48-hour cancellation policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture.
See all terms