By Travelzoo Staff
praises Bistro Voltaire across the board, calling attention to the "pure ... authentic" French fare with "delicate, refined flavors" and awarding it Very Good to Excellent (23) ratings for cuisine, decor and service. CBS Chicago
agrees -- simply calling it one of the best bistros in Chicago.
Two can savor a dinner here for $59, regularly $105, including glasses of sparkling wine.
Why we love it
- Bistro Voltaire earns a full 4 stars from hundreds of OpenTable and Yelp users
- "'Delicate, refined' flavors are served ... in 'cozy, upscale-comfortable' surroundings" (Zagat)
- "A study in French classics" (Crain's Chicago Business)
- Located just steps from the CTA's Chicago Avenue Brown Line stop
June 5, 2013 - Aug. 31, 2013
226 W. Chicago Ave.
Chicago, IL 60654
- Take a seat in the space that Crain's calls "intimate" and start with any shared appetizer like the crab cake with arugula and remoulade -- "you've never had crab cakes this good," says CBS. Then move onto an entree each like the spring risotto with leeks and fresh peas or the classic steak frites with peppercorn sauce. Finish with a shared dessert like a classic creme brulee (up to $8).
- Dinner is paired with a glass of sparkling wine or a house specialty cocktail (up to $12 each) like the "Paris in Spring," made with vodka, St. Germain, cranberry and lemonade. In good weather, we recommend dining while people-watching on Voltaire's outdoor patio; four can dine for $115 (reg. $210) so plan a summertime night out with friends.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Wednesday, June 5 through Aug. 31, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Valid for 2 or 4 diners only. Limit 1 voucher per table. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Valid for dine-in only. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms