By Travelzoo Staff
For those interested in learning to fly, or for casual flight enthusiasts who just want to get behind the controls at ground level, Chicago Premier Flight Training invites subscribers to try a half-hour flight simulator session for $18 (reg. $45). A full hour can be reserved for $27, regularly $90.
Why we love it
- Take a half-hour "flight" in a flight simulator
- A FAA-certified instructor will help you get off the ground
- Great way to learn without the high costs of true flight lessons
- Located just minutes from both I-55 and I-355
June 24, 2013 - Dec. 11, 2013
Chicago Premier Flight Training
Located at Lewis University Airport
19149 Airport Rd.
Romeoville, IL 60446
- Located in Romeoville, CPFT's Redbird TD2 simulator offers a realistic flight experience in the same kind of Cessna that many flight students train in. Half-hour simulator flights will "take off" from Lewis University and "land" at Midway Airport, while hourlong simulations will include additional instruction on taxiing the aircraft as well as another takeoff from Midway and a landing at O'Hare.
- Subscribers will sit aside a FAA-certified instructor who will teach them how to fly safely while using the plane's instruments. Time in the simulator can also be used toward an actual pilot's license, making this great for people studying for their license or looking to get back in the air.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Monday, June 24 through Dec. 11, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Must be 10 years old or older to participate. Limit 2 voucher purchases per person; 2 additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms