By Travelzoo Staff
"Defined by rolling hills, shady valleys and historic villages," southern Vermont rewards visitors by being "both rugged and lovely" (Frommer's). An English Tudor-style stone manor rising on its own scenic overlook, the Castle Hill Resort and Spa offers Travelzoo readers an exclusive $129 package that includes $50 in spa and dining credits and saves more than 60% on current rates.
Why we love it
- Visit Sundays-Thursdays through Nov. 29, including peak fall foliage season when bright orange maple leaves blanket the nearby hills. Two-night weekend retreats are $379 (reg. $598).
- You'll check into a castle room in the historic main mansion, which was originally built as the country estate for a former governor. These rooms have hardwood floors and period furnishings such as Tiffany lamps. Also available are condo hotel suites, which are speckled among the property's pine forests and have a queen bedroom, sitting room with sleeper sofa, mini-fridge and microwave.
- Use the credits toward a 50-minute massage at the Aveda Spa and a prix fixe three-course dinner for two in the wood-paneled dining room that serves locally sourced meats and produce.
- New England charm surrounds you while you trundle across one of the area's 15 covered bridges on the way to touring President Coolidge's childhood homestead, or when watching the water crash down the Buttermilk Falls in Okemo State Forest.
Castle Hill Resort and Spa
2910 Vermont 103
Proctorsville, VT 05149
What's included & when
- Sept. 16, 2012 - Nov. 29, 2012
- Retreat to a historic former manor house among Vermont's Green Mountains at the Castle Hill Resort and Spa for more than 60% off regular pricing
$99 for a 1-night stay in a historic Castle Quee, Sundays-Thursdays (reg. $279)
- $25 credit toward a 50-minute massage at the Aveda Spa
- $25 credit toward a three-course gourmet prix fixe dinner for two at Castle Restaurant
- Choose to stay in a two-room Condo Hotel Suite located outside of the main mansion for 1 night Sundays-Thursdays for $109 (reg. $239) and receive both credits
- Weekend Option: Make it a 2-night weekend stay in a Castle Room for $379 (reg. $598) or in a Condo Hotel Suite for $339 (reg. $588) and receive the spa credit
- Travel through Nov. 29
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 888-764-6836 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Sept. 21-22, 28; Oct. 5-7, 12-13, 14-16 (Castle Rooms only); Nov. 22. Restaurant credit is not available on Sept. 22, 29; Oct. 6-7, 20; Nov. 22. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms