By Travelzoo Staff
Valley Mill Kayak School has long been known for its white-water kayaking instruction, having trained and employed national champions, but the Germantown company also teaches calmer water activities. Travelzoo has negotiated deals for everything from white-water kayaking to stand-up paddleboarding, starting at $45 per person.
Why we love it
- White-water or calm-water kayak lessons
- Stand-up paddleboarding lessons also available
- Available through the end of September
- Valley Mill has been in existence since 1956
July 29, 2013 - Sept. 29, 2013
Valley Mill Kayak School
15101 Seneca Road
Germantown, MD 20874
- Select from following:
- For $45, regularly $95, take off on a two-hour kayak tour of the Potomac. This scenic, calm water tour offers riders the chance to see wild birds and turtles, and is great for beginners.
- For $49, regularly $105, enroll in a three-hour introductory white-water kayak tour. This class covers the basics of the sport and includes all necessary equipment.
- For $49, regularly $105, opt for a three-hour stand-up paddleboarding class. Instruction and equipment are provided for this lesson on a private lake.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Saturday, Aug. 3, through Sept. 29, 2013. Valid Saturday and Sunday only during merchant's operating hours. Reservations required; subject to availability. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Must weigh between 90 and 250 lbs and sign waiver to participate. Subject to weather conditions. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms