By Travelzoo Staff
Spend an afternoon in Virginia's wine country at Molon Lave Vineyards, which CBS DC calls "romantic" and "absolutely breathtaking." With this Local Deal for $28, Travelzoo subscribers can save 50% on a tour, olive oil tasting and picnic for two at this family-owned vineyard that earns 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor.
Why we love it
- Save 50% on a tour of the "absolutely breathtaking" (CBS DC) Molon Lave Vineyards in Warrenton, Va.
- Includes a tour, olive oil tasting and cheese and charcuterie picnic to share
- Available for groups of 2, 4 or 6 people
Yelp users rate the vineyard 4 stars, and it boasts 4.5 stars from TripAdvisor users
July 7, 2013 - Sept. 10, 2013
Molon Lave Vineyards
10075 Lees Mill Rd.
Warrenton, VA 20186
- Visit the winery any day of the week from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. throughout the summer and receive:
- Guided vineyard and winery tour, which covers the harvesting process and history of the Papadopoulos family wines that grow across nine acres (weather permitting)
- Cellar tour with focus on the fermentation process
- Olive oil tasting including five varieties from Sparta, Greece, with infused flavors like rosemary, basil and garlic
- Picnic basket with salami, a variety of cheeses and crackers to enjoy next to the pond, on the wraparound porch or in one of the two tasting rooms
- Two Molon Lave Vineyards tasting glasses and one corkscrew to take home
- Or, make it a group outing and save more -- this same package is available for four people for $50 (regularly $112) and for six people for $69 (regularly $168).
Try a variety of white, red and rose wines such as merlot, Vidal Blanc or Kokineli, a traditional Greek table wine made with pine resin. Tastings start at $5 per person (wine tastings are not included in this deal).
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Wednesday, July 10, through Sept. 10, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Outdoor tours are weather permitting. Not valid on alcohol. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms