By Travelzoo Staff
Soar over the Chesapeake Bay and downtown Annapolis during an introductory flying lesson with Freeway Aviation in Bowie, Md. Subscribers can save nearly 60% on an hourlong one-on-one Discovery Flight lesson with this Local Deal for $85, regularly $200.
Why we love it
- Save nearly 60% on an introductory flight lesson in Bowie, Md.
- Includes 20 minutes of ground instruction and 40 minutes in flight
- Fly over the Chesapeake Bay and Annapolis with views of downtown D.C.
- Lessons can be scheduled 7 days a week
June 13, 2013 - Oct. 8, 2013
3900 Church Rd.
Bowie, MD 20721
- Lessons with FAA-certified flight instructors take off from Freeway Airport, only 40 minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. Start with 20 minutes of ground instruction that will cover the mechanics and functions of the plane and its controls. Then, experience 40 minutes of fly time in a Cessna 172 aircraft and practice the four fundamentals of flight -- climbs, turns, descents and straight and level flight -- while taking in views of the bay and downtown D.C. Aspiring pilots can log the flight time to put toward a pilot's license.
Travelzoo customers also get 20% off their second private lesson with Freeway Aviation.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Friday, June 14 through Oct. 8, 2013. Reservations are required. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Must be at least 15 years old to participate. There is a 300-pound weight limit. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms