By Travelzoo Staff
says West Virginia is the place for white-water rafting, with "spectacular rapids" on the New River making it the "most popular" spot in the area. For $80 per person, Travelzoo subscribers can take an adrenaline-pumping rafting trip with River Expeditions, which boasts 4.5 stars from TripAdvisor users
. Regularly $148, this adventure includes a full day of rafting with gear, meals and use of campsite.
Why we love it
- USA Today recommends the "spectacular rapids" along the New River in West Virginia
- Plan ahead; trips start April 1 and can be taken through the summer
- For $80, ride the rapids with River Expeditions, rated 4.5 stars by TripAdvisor users
- This package includes gear, 2 breakfasts, a deli lunch and 2 nights of camping
- Use of amenities like hot tubs, outdoor pool, lodge and saloon are also included
- Raft the Lower New River for rapids up to Class V or the Upper New River for a calmer ride
March 24, 2013 - Aug. 30, 2013
900 Broadway Ave.
Oak Hill, WV 25901
- This deal is available any Monday-Friday through August and includes:
- Rafting on the New River, with choice of the upper section for a calmer, family-friendly trip (suitable for ages 6 and up) or the lower section that encompasses Class II-V rapids (for ages 12 and up)
- Deli lunch on the river and beverages after the trip
- Shuttle service to and from the river
- Two nights of tent camping: Guests must bring their own tent and sleeping bag, or rent a four-person platform tent starting at $55 per night (camping is available any day of the week)
- Continental breakfast both days with options like English muffins, pastries, fruit, juice, coffee and tea
- Use of the lodge with free Wi-Fi, hot showers, outdoor pool, hot tubs and on-site saloon
- Once on-site, campers have the option of upgrading to a deluxe dinner for an additional $20. Or bring your own grill or camping stove and cook in the great outdoors; public fire pits are also available.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, April 1, through Aug. 30, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Valid for rafting on Monday-Friday only; camping available 7 days a week. Not valid for rafting on Saturday or Sunday. Travel must be booked and completed by Aug. 30; no extensions or substitutions. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; additional 8 vouchers may be purchased as gifts. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges. No cash value or cash back unless required by state or local laws. 15-day cancellation policy applies. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms