By Travelzoo Staff
For $20 per person, explore the art of food and wine pairing with a 90-minute wine seminar at Capitol Vineyards in Delaplane, Va. Travelzoo subscribers can save more than 55% with this deal that includes food tastings and a recipe pamphlet full of meal ideas that pair well with wine.
Why we love it
- For $20 per person, learn how to pair wine with food during a 90-minute wine seminar
- Seminars include food tastings like cheese, crackers, fruit and bacon-wrapped dates
- Built in the 1800s, the historic tasting room features the original bar and flooring
- The vineyard spans more than 30 acres of land in the slopes of Red Oak Mountain
- Capitol Vineyards is only 1 hour from downtown D.C.
Feb. 27, 2013 - July 28, 2013
3600 Sage Rd.
Delaplane, VA 20144
- The vineyard is an hour from downtown D.C., tucked away within the slopes of Red Oak Mountain. Seminars take place every Sunday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. in the historic tasting room, which was built in the 1800s and served as a general store in the early 20th century.
- During the class, the winemaker will explain the history of the vineyard and various varietals. Sample spices to distinguish how to pair wine with salty, sour, spicy and sweet flavors and enjoy small bites like cheese, crackers, fruit and bacon-wrapped dates.
- Note: Wine is not included in this offer but can be purchased directly from the merchant on-site.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Sunday, March 3, through July 28, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Seminars are available every Sunday at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. only; check website for calendar. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 24 hours' notice. Not valid on major holidays. Not valid toward alcohol. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms