By Travelzoo Staff
Soar over Fauquier County and see the foothills of the Appalachian and Blue Ridge mountains from a bird's-eye view with this Local Deal for a tandem skydive jump from DC Skydiving Center, which Yelp users rate an impressive 4.5 stars. For $149, regularly $245, Travelzoo subscribers can take a leap with this skydiving adventure available Mondays-Fridays starting April 1. Or for $169, regularly $324, get this same deal for a Saturday or Sunday jump.
Why we love it
- DC Skydiving Center earns an impressive 4.5-star rating from Yelp users
- Get a bird's-eye view of the Appalachian and Blue Ridge mountains
Tandem jumps are available Mondays-Fridays for $149 per person
- Or for $20 more, use this deal on a Saturday or Sunday
- Glide 5,000 feet above ground during a 7-minute parachute descent to the surface
- Skydives take off from Warrenton Airpark, less than 1 hour from D.C.
March 19, 2013 - April 1, 2014
DC Skydiving Center
9272 Green Meadows Rd.
Warrenton, VA 20187
- Begin at Warrenton Airpark with a 15-minute class from a certified tandem instructor, who will explain the basics of techniques, gear, jump procedures, safety and landing, as well as answer any questions. Then take your seat in the airplane before ascending more than two miles above ground.
- Subscribers will be strapped to a certified instructor during the entire jump until landing. Feel a rush of adrenaline as you free fall at speeds up to 120 miles per hour for more than 40 seconds before a scenic seven-minute parachute flight to the ground. After the jump, receive a souvenir T-shirt to remember the exciting day.
Buy this deal now and save it for later. Vouchers are redeemable for an entire year.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, April 1, 2013, through April 1, 2014. Reservation are highly recommended, but not required; subject to availability. A $6 booking fee is required for reservations; credit card payment required. $149 voucher is valid Monday-Friday only; $169 voucher is valid Saturday and Sunday only. 48-hour cancellation policy applies; subject to $50 fee. Must be at least 18 years old or older to participate. 240 pound weight limit applies; $30 additional fee applies for participants over 200 pounds and a $60 additional fee applies for participants over 225 pounds. Must sign waiver. Subject to weather conditions. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms