By Travelzoo Staff
"D.C. is about to look very pink" according to The Huffington Post
, which just announced that cherry blossom season starts March 20. With this Local Deal for $7 per person, catch the first glimpse of cherry trees on the "tidal basin along the Potomac River" that "bursts into blossom with thousands of delicate pink and white blooms" (USA Today) during a 45-minute sightseeing tour
from Capitol River Cruises.
Why we love it
- For $7 per person, take in the sites of D.C. on a 45-minute boat tour
- Cruises start just in time for cherry blossom season
- For $5 more, get this same deal for two
- Pass historic sites like the Pentagon and Lincoln Memorial
- Tours depart daily on the hour starting at 11 a.m.
- Bring your camera to capture D.C.'s famous cherry trees along the tidal basin
March 5, 2013 - Oct. 15, 2013
Capitol River Cruises
3000 K St NW
Washington, D.C. 20007
- With this deal, Travelzoo subscribers can save 50% on a narrated tour aboard the Nightingale or the Nightingale II any day of the week from March 24 through Oct. 15. Or, go with a friend and save more with two tickets for $12, regularly $28.
- Tours depart every hour on the hour from 11 a.m. from the Georgetown Washington Harbor. During the trip, your guide will point out historic sites like the Kennedy Center, Lincoln Memorial, Key Bridge and the Watergate Complex. The boat features a concession for the purchase of cold sodas, wine, beer, water and snacks.
The fine print
Update: Number of available vouchers is limited, so the deal might sell out before the "Time left to buy" expires. Vouchers can be redeemed starting Sunday, March 24, through Oct. 15, 2013. Reservations are not required and voucher is to be used as your ticket; subject to availability. Call ahead for daily schedule at 301-460-7447; schedule subject to change. Present voucher with valid ID upon arrival. Schedule subject to change due to weather or safety. Valid for adult tickets only; tickets for children under 12 are available for sale from Capitol River Cruises. Children under 3 are free of charge with paid adult. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms