By Travelzoo Staff
With this exclusive Local Deal, Travelzoo subscribers can have a private in-home dinner party prepared by chef Sedrick Crawley, who has appeared on the Food Network's "Sweet Genius" and has cooked for President Obama as well as celebrities like Clint Eastwood and Paula Patton. For $99, regularly $199, this deal for two includes a four-course tasting menu with beer pairings in the comfort of your own home.
Why we love it
- For $99, receive an in-home private dinner party from Chef Sed
- Regularly $199, this package includes a 4-course tasting menu with beer pairings
- Save more and make it a party for 4 people for $149, normally $398
- Chef Sed has appeared on the Food Network's "Sweet Genius" and has cooked for President Obama and celebrities like Clint Eastwood
- Select from a bacon-inspired or vegetarian menu
- Necessary cooking equipment and glassware will be provided
Sept. 30, 2012 - Jan. 31, 2013
- During this private experience, Chef Sed will explain the techniques of each course he prepares. Sample a variety of dishes incorporating bacon, which has continued to remain at the forefront of comfort cuisine since it was declared one of the top five food trends in 2010 by The LA Times, for a menu that includes:
- - Bacon caramel-coated popcorn
- - Signature bacon vinaigrette spinach salad
- - The Baconator made with pork stuffed with applewood-smoked bacon and served with bacon barbecue sauce
- - Chocolate lava cake topped with smoked candied bacon
- Or select a vegetarian menu that includes:
- - Caramel- and peanut-coated popcorn with sea salt
- - Roasted cauliflower served with cumin and raisins
- - Stir-fry sesame tofu with peppers, mushrooms, broccoli and almonds
- - Chocolate lava cake topped with a pistachio chip
- Both menus will be paired with a selection of craft beers that may include Abita Amber Lager, Blue Point Toasted Lager, Aecht Schlenkerla Helles Lagerbier or Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Marzen.
- Make it a true party and save more: For $149, receive this same package for four people, regularly $398.
The fine print
Note: Number of available vouchers is limited, so the deal might sell out before the "Time left to buy" expires. Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, Oct 1, through Jan. 31, 2013. Limit 1 voucher per person; additional may be purchased as gifts. Reservations are required; subject to availability. Call 301-407-3807 to make a reservation. Valid for vegetarian or bacon menu; please mention the menu of choice at time of reservation. Not valid on major holidays. Distance restrictions apply; service area includes Washington, D.C., and Montgomery County. If Chef Sed is unavailable, his partner Chef Roosevelt will take his place. A 24-hour cancellation or rescheduling policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms