By Travelzoo Staff
Spend an afternoon in Virginia's wine country at the "absolutely breathtaking"
Molon Lave Vineyards, which CBS DC calls "romantic enough for a little time with your honey." Located less than 90 minutes from downtown D.C., the family-owned vineyard earns 4 stars on Yelp; Travelzoo subscribers can visit for $28, regularly $56, for a tour, olive oil tastings and picnic fare for two.
Why we love it
- For $28, 2 can tour the "absolutely breathtaking" (CBS DC) Molon Lave Vineyards in Warrenton, Va.
- Regularly $56, this deal includes a tour, cheese and charcuterie picnic to share, 2 souvenir glasses and 1 corkscrew
- Also taste olive oils imported from Sparta, Greece, including blood orange and basil
- Save 55% with this same deal for 4 people for $50, regularly $112
- Yelp users rate the vineyard 4 stars, and it boasts 4.5 stars from TripAdvisor users
Oct. 23, 2012 - April 25, 2013
Molon Lave Vineyards
10075 Lees Mill Rd.
Warrenton, VA 20186
- Visit the winery any day of the week from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. into April for an experience that includes:
- Guided vineyard and winery tour, which covers the harvesting process and history of the Papadopoulos family wines that grow across nine acres followed by a walk through the vines (weather permitting)
- Cellar tour with focus on the fermentation process
- Olive oil tasting including five varieties from Sparta, Greece, with infused flavors like rosemary, lemon, basil, garlic and blood orange, paired with bread
- Picnic basket that includes salami, a variety of cheeses and crackers to enjoy in one of the two tastings rooms, on the wraparound porch or in the 8,000-square-foot pavilion overlooking the pond
- Two keepsake Molon Lave Vineyards tasting glasses and one corkscrew to take home
- Make it a group outing and save more with this same package for four people for $50, regularly $112.
Try a variety of white, red and rose wines such as merlot, Vidal Blanc or Kokineli, a traditional Greek table wine made with pine resin. Tastings start at $5 per person (wine tastings are not included in this deal).
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, Oct. 25, through April 25, 2013. Reservations are required. Call to make a reservation. Not valid on major holidays. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Wine tastings are not included in this package. Outdoor tours are weather permitting. Each voucher is valid for 2 or 4 people only. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms