By Travelzoo Staff
Sugarleaf Vineyards is located less than 20 minutes from Charlottesville along the Monticello Wine Trail, which The Washingtonian says "highlights what may be the Mid-Atlantic's best wine." With this exclusive Local Deal, Travelzoo subscribers can visit the award-winning vineyard, which celebrates six years of wine-making this month, for $25 for two people, regularly $54.
Why we love it
- For $25, 2 can sample wines and take a tour at Sugarleaf Vineyards in North Garden, Va.
- Regularly $54, this deal includes 2 complimentary tastings with 7-8 pours each, a vineyard tour and 2 bottles to take home
- The tasting room offers chocolate and cheese to pair with each wine during the tasting
- Bring a picnic lunch and take in the views of the 2,075 vines that span the 5-acre property
Sept. 18, 2012 - Dec. 2, 2012
3613 Walnut Branch Lane
North Garden, VA 22959
- Use this deal Thursday-Sunday through November or Saturday-Sunday in December for an experience that includes:
- Two complimentary wine tastings including seven to eight pours per person, incorporating both reds and whites that may include 2008 Chardonnay, 2009 Viognier, 2009 Cuvee Neubia or 2010 Petit Verdot, which won a double gold medal at the 2012 U.S. National Wine Competition
- One-hour guided vineyard tour, which includes wine education focusing on the fermentation process with a tour of the machinery and barrel room and a discussion about the old-world style of wine-making
- Two bottles of wine to take home (up to $20 each)
- Guests are welcome to bring a picnic lunch to enjoy on the grounds that overlook 2,075 vines spanning the five-acre property.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, Sept. 20, through Dec. 2, 2012. Reservations are required and subject to availability. The vineyard is open Thursday-Sunday from 12-6 p.m. through November and Saturdays and Sundays from 12-6 p.m. in December. The voucher is valid for 2 people only. Not valid on major holidays. Not valid on August 18. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms