By Travelzoo Staff
Soar over Chesapeake Bay and downtown Annapolis with a hands-on introductory flight lesson with Freeway Aviation in Bowie, Md. Subscribers can save nearly 60% with this Local Deal for a 60-minute one-on-one introductory discovery flying lesson with an FAA-certified flight instructor for $85, regularly $200.
Why we love it
- Save nearly 60% on an introductory flight lesson in Bowie, Md., for $85, regularly $200
- This experience includes 20 minutes of ground instruction and 40 minutes in flight
- Fly over Washington in a Cessna 172 aircraft with expansive views of Chesapeake Bay and downtown Annapolis
- Lessons can be scheduled 7 days a week
Sept. 13, 2012 - March 16, 2013
3900 Church Rd.
Bowie, MD 20721
- Lessons take off from Freeway Airport, only 40 minutes from downtown Washington, D.C. Start with 20 minutes of ground instruction that will cover the mechanics and functions of the plane and its controls. Then, experience 40 minutes in flight in a Cessna 172 aircraft and practice the four fundamentals of flight: climbs, turns, descents, and straight and level flight. Aspiring pilots can log the flight time of this deal and put it toward a pilot license.
The fine print
Note: Number of available vouchers is limited to 520, so the deal might sell out before the "Time left to buy" expires. Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, Sept. 17, through March 16, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Limit 1 voucher per person; 2 additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Not valid on major holidays. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 24 hours' notice. Must be at least 15 years old to participate. There is a 300-pound weight limit. Subject to weather conditions. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms