By Lisa Chung
Elk Run Vineyards has won more than 600 medals for its high-quality wines. Visit for tastings and wine education at up to half off regular prices.
Why we love it
- Elk Run 2011 Pinot Noir won gold at the World Wine Championships
- Earns 4 stars on TripAdvisor
- Wine East Magazine names it one of the top 100 on the east
- Elk Run wines were featured on Netflix's "House of Cards"
Sept. 2, 2014 - Oct. 31, 2014; Closed Mondays
Elk Run Vineyards Inc.
15113 Liberty Road
Mount Airy, MD 21771
- For $20 (reg. $35), two can enjoy a wine tasting and workshop
- Wine Connoisseur Challenge workshop, including flights of three 2.5 ounce pours each: taste and guess which grapes belong to which wine
Bread and cheese platter
A group of four can visit for $35 (reg. $70)
Get the same tasting and workshop without bread and cheese for $15 (reg. $30) for two people; or $29 (reg. $60) for four people
Visit on the weekends for a complimentary vineyard tour at 1 p.m. or 3 p.m.
The fine print
Valid during merchant's operating hours. Closed to the general public on Mondays. Reservations required; subject to availability. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. Please tip on the full value. 72-hour cancellation policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture. Limit two purchases per person; may buy one additional as a gift. If limit is exceeded, voucher subject to forfeiture. Not valid on products. Must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
See all terms