By Travelzoo Staff
Washington National Opera presents Donizetti's interpretation of the tragedy of Anne Boleyn, "Anna Bolena," and tickets are now half off at the Kennedy Center Opera House. According to The New York Times, soprano Sondra Radvanovsky "sings with unflinching honesty and uncommon intensity."
Why we love it
- Washington National Opera presents Donizetti's "Anna Bolena" with tickets for 50% off
- Orchestra seats are $27.50-$97.50 (regularly $55-$195) for weekday performances Sept. 18 - Oct. 3 at the Kennedy Center
- The opera tells the story of the tragedy of Anne Boleyn
- According to The New York Times, soprano Sondra Radvanovsky "sings with unflinching honesty and uncommon intensity"
Sept. 14, 2012 - Sept. 27, 2012
The Kennedy Center
2700 F St. NW
Washington, D.C. 20566
- Orchestra seats (Price Levels 1-5) are $27.50-$97.50 (regularly $55-$195) for the following weekday performances:
- Tuesday, Sept 18 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 21 at 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 24 at 7 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 27 at 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 3 at 7:30 p.m.
- About the Opera: Condemned to death by her husband King Henry VIII, Anne Boleyn accepts her fate and tumbles into madness as she awaits her unjust execution.
The fine print
Update (Sept. 19, 11:30 a.m.CST): Due to the popularity of this offer, $27.50 tickets have sold out on Sept. 24. To purchase tickets, click "Buy Now." Click on the "Tickets" tab. Choose a performance and click on "Tickets." Choose Orchestra seats from the interactive map and click "Move to Cart." (Discount is already applied.) Review order and click "Checkout." Log in or create an account to finish purchase. To order by phone, call 202-467-4600 and mention offer number 145592 to receive the discount. Fees of 12% apply to each order.