By Travelzoo Staff
Cruise past nearly 2,000 miles of shoreline “ringed by red cliffs that twist off into 96 major canyons and countless inlets” (Fodor’s). This exclusive offer from Lake Powell Resorts & Marinas includes three- or four-day getaways aboard a selection of houseboats. Rates start at $799 for a boat that sleeps 10 (rate is for all guests, not per person), making a three-day trip about $80 per person.
Why we love it
- All houseboats feature a waterslide, upper deck sunshade, refrigerator, outdoor gas grill, microwave, television, radio, air conditioner/heater and convertible or pullout double beds. Pick from two marinas on either end of the lake: Wahweap Marina in Page, Arizona, or Bullfrog Marina in Bullfrog, Utah.
- Frommer’s notes “Lake Powell is as amazing a sight as the Grand Canyon,” with dramatic sandstone rocks including Rainbow Bridge, the world’s largest natural bridge. In Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, the lake is the second largest man-made lake in the U.S.
- More about the houseboats:
- The standard 46’ Expedition sleeps six indoors with one stateroom and bathroom, but can accommodate up to four additional guests with on-deck sleeping pads; the mid-level 53' Adventurer sleeps 12 people with two staterooms, two lower berth rooms and two bathrooms; and the deluxe 59’ Discovery XL Platinum sleeps 12 people with two staterooms, two lower berth rooms and two bathrooms.
- Note: The 46' Expedition is not available at Bullfrog Marina.
Lake Powell Resorts & Marinas
What's included & when
- Feb. 19, 2013 - Dec. 31, 2013
- Cruise across Lake Powell on a houseboat on a 3-day, 2-night adventure at more than 60% off
- Boats sleep up to 6-12 (price is for all guests, not per person)
- $799 for a 46' Expedition that sleeps up to 6 indoors, but can accommodate up to 4 additional guests with on-deck sleeping pads (reg. $2160)
- $999 for a 53' Adventurer that sleeps up to 12 (reg. $3100)
- $1299 for a 59' Discovery XL Platinum that sleeps up to 12 (reg. $3950)
- Extend your vacation to 4 days, 3 nights for $1064 for a 46' Expedition / $1322 for a 53' Adventurer / $1732 for a 59' Discovery XL Platinum
- Depart from a marina in Arizona or Utah
- Travel March 1 - June 7 and Oct. 15 - Dec. 31, 2013
The fine print
Update: June 1-7 are no longer available. With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call Lake Powell Resorts & Marinas directly at 888-896-3829 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. To reserve a boat, pay the refundable damage deposit ($600 for 46’ Expedition and 53' Adventurer or $1000 for 59’ Discovery XL Platinum) at time of booking. Once the boat is reserved, cancellation policy prevails. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms