By Travelzoo Staff
The San Francisco Chronicle calls The Van's Restaurant on the hill a "mainstay gathering place" -- which has been open since 1947 -- and this Belmont venue is an OpenTable Diners' Choice winner for "Best Views." With this exclusive Local Deal, Travelzoo subscribers can have a steak dinner with a choice of nearly anything on the menu for $45, regularly $90.
Why we love it
- The San Francisco Chronicle calls The Van's Restaurant "on the hill" a "mainstay gathering place"; it's been open since 1947
- For $45, regularly $90, 2 people can have dinner with a view at this iconic Belmont venue
- This deal includes 2 soups or salads and 2 entrees, which includes almost anything on the menu, including filet mignon, prime rib and scallops
- The Van's receives a 4-star rating from OpenTable users and is a Diners' Choice winner for "Best Views"
Sept. 28, 2012 - Jan. 31, 2013
The Van's Restaurant
815 Belmont Ave.
Belmont, CA 94002
- Settle in at this former Prohibition-era speakeasy and hideaway, which has offered patrons both a panoramic Peninsula view and an extensive menu for decades, and select:
- Two mixed greens salads; try it with The Van's famous garlic and bleu cheese vinaigrette, or two housemade soups of the day like split pea with bacon or New England clam chowder (up to $4.95 each)
- Two entrees like The Van's Signature Cut bone-in beef rib steak, rack of lamb, daily fish specials or tempura-style jumbo prawns; all entrees are served with choice of daily potato or rice with seasonal vegetables (up to $39.95 each) Exterior photo courtesy The Vans Restaurant
The fine print
Due to the popularity of this offer, we have extended the sale to Oct. 12, 2012. Vouchers can be redeemed starting Sunday, Sept. 30, through Jan. 31, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Limit 1 voucher per table during dinner service hours from 4 p.m. - 11 p.m. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Not valid on Fridays or Saturdays. Not valid for lobster or The Van's bone-in Cut Prime Rib ($44.95). See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms