By Travelzoo Staff
Take in scenic views of Monterey Bay or the Diablo Range from the cockpit of a glider plane with this deal from Bay Area Glider Rides, which boasts a 100% safety record. For $119, normally $239, one or two people can take a 25-minute glider flight .
Why we love it
- For $119, soar through the skies in a glider plane, a savings of 50% on the regular price
- Get 25 minutes of flight time and catch scenic views of Monterey Bay and historic San Juan Bautista
- Bring a friend or ride solo; the price remains the same
- West Coast winters bring about some of the clearest skies of the year
- Planes are flown by an FAA-certified commercial pilot
- Bay Area Glider Rides has been soaring over California since 1993 and has a 100% safety record
March 11, 2013 - July 28, 2013
Bay Area Glider Rides
30 Airport Drive
Hollister, CA 95023
- Soar above Hollister in a Silver Hawk glider and reach hights up to 4,500 feet above the ground. An experienced FAA-certified commercial pilot is behind the controls of this 25-minute flight that offers sweeping views of the Diablo Range, Monterey Bay and historic San Juan Bautista.
For an additional fee once you're onsite, introductory glider plane flight lesson packages are available.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, March 11 through July 28, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability; only available Thursday-Monday. Flight times are limited; please make reservations as far in advance as possible. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 24 hours' notice. This voucher can be used by 1 or 2 people; combined weight must not exceed 325 pounds. Riders under 9 years old must be accompanied by a guardian. Flights are subject to availability and weather conditions. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms