By Jen Lee
Celebrate winter with dogsled races, ice carving and more at the annual Bavarian Icefest in Leavenworth, dubbed "a favorite weekend getaway" (Fodor's).
Why we love it
- Covers roundtrip transportation, snacks and beverages
- Festival recommended by Seattle Mag for its "packed roster of wintry events"
- High-end charter bus with plush leather seats and onboard restrooms
- Book travel for Jan. 18 or 19, the weekend of the Icefest
- Or, visit the village on select weekend dates through Feb. 9
Select weekend dates Jan. 18, 2014 - Feb. 9, 2014
- $69 (reg. $110) for roundtrip transportation to Leavenworth, pastries and juice on the two-hour bus ride there, and snacks, trivia games and movies on the way back
Leave at 8:15 a.m. from Renton or 9 a.m. from Seattle
Explore the Bavarian village and check out Icefest attractions and activities such as live ice carving, fireworks, dogsled races, snow sculptures, an ice cube scramble for kids, and more (check schedule of events here)
Depart Leavenworth around 5:30 p.m. and return at approximately 8 p.m.
Or for $79 (reg. $130), get everything above plus an authentic sleigh ride in Leavenworth
Bavarian Icefest dates are Jan. 18-19 only
If you don't go the weekend of the Icefest, you can still explore the shops and restaurants in the village on Jan. 25-26, Feb. 1-2 or Feb. 8-9
The fine print
Valid for trips on Jan. 18-19 (Icefest only on these dates), Jan. 25-26, Feb. 1-2 or Feb. 8-9. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges. Merchant reserves right to reschedule trips based on capacity. Reservations required; subject to availability (see voucher for instructions). Meet at Seattle or Renton park-and-ride pickup locations. Present voucher upon arrival. Groups wanting to sit together on bus should arrive early/check in together. Bus will leave promptly by 8:15 a.m. in Renton and 9 a.m. in Seattle. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity not included. Please tip on full value; $5 min. suggested.
See all terms