By Jen Lee
Visit the Pacific Northwest's oldest art museum, which "set the bar high" (U.S. News) with its "excellent collection of modern and contemporary art" (Frommer's).
Why we love it
- "Oregon's most prestigious collection" -- U.S. News
- Saves 50% on admission for two, including the SAMURAI! special exhibition
- SAMURAI! showcases battle gear worn in the 14th-19th centuries
- Extensive Native American gallery is "not to be missed" (U.S. News)
- Fodor's loves the "peaceful outdoor sculpture garden"
Nov. 12, 2013 - Jan. 12, 2014; closed Mondays
Portland Art Museum
1219 SW Park Ave.
Portland, OR 97205
- For $20 (reg. $40), two can get admission to the SAMURAI! special exhibition, including general admission to the Portland Art Museum
Or, for $15 (reg. $30), two can get general admission without special exhibition passes
SAMURAI! features one of the most comprehensive collections of samurai battle gear in the world, showcasing armor worn by high-ranking warriors in the 14th-19th centuries
The fine print
Valid during merchant's operating hours; closed Mondays. Museum closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year's Day. Valid for adults, seniors or college students. Children 17 and younger are free; children 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Limit one voucher purchase per person; may buy one additional as a gift. If purchase limit is exceeded, voucher is subject to forfeiture. Present voucher upon arrival at the museum box office.
See all terms