By Travelzoo Staff
Soar above the skyline, Bainbridge Island and Bellevue with a two-hour private flight lesson from Wings Aloft BFI, praised by 94% of past purchasers. Subscribers get hands-on flying experience behind the controls of a Cessna 172 with an FAA-Certified Flight Instructor for $149, saving 50% on the regular price.
Why we love it
- Past subscribers praised the "excellent" instructor and views
- Wings Aloft BFI is rated 4 stars on Yelp
- Bring up to 2 passengers at no extra cost
- Or get the Intro. to Flying Package for $1195
Aug. 15, 2013 - Dec. 31, 2013
Wings Aloft BFI
King County International Airport/Boeing Field
8490 Perimeter Rd. South
Seattle, WA 98108
- The introductory lesson begins with a 45-minute preflight briefing at Boeing Field, where you will receive instructions on how to use the controls and read the flight instruments. Then, the plane will taxi to the runway and take to the skies; the instructor will cover the ins and outs of takeoff, turns, climbs, descents and landing, with 50-60 minutes in the air.
- Choose a private lesson or bring up to two friends to ride along at no additional cost. Take home an official pilot logbook at the end of your lesson, which counts as flight time toward becoming an FAA-certified pilot.
- You can also upgrade to the Learn-to-Fly Introductory Package that includes 50 hours of ground-school training with loaner course materials; four hours of Cessna 172 rental; all preflight, in-flight and postflight instruction; and Wings Aloft student membership with two months' dues for $1195 (reg. $2395). Call or visit here ('Introduction to Flying Package') for more information.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Monday, Aug. 19, through Dec. 31, 2013. Reservations required. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies; subject to rescheduling fee. Subject to rescheduling due to weather, maintenance, or flight restrictions. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; 5 additional may be purchased as gifts. Must be 16 to fly. Total combined weight of student and guests cannot exceed 395 pounds. Fuel surcharge of up to 10% may apply. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms