By Travelzoo Staff
Called "one of a kind"
by Touring & Tasting
for offering a "truly unique experience for wine tasters," Covington Cellars crafts its artisanal wines by hand. With this supper club deal for $79, regularly $159, subscribers can take a tour, watch chef-led cooking demonstrations in the barrel room and indulge in a five-course wine-paired meal
Why we love it
- Save 50% on a 5-course dinner, tour and cooking demos at Covington Cellars
- Each course is paired with wine, like the 2009 cabernet sauvignon, which gets 91 points on Wine Spectator
- On your tour, sip samples taken straight from the barrel
- The winery is rated 4 stars by Yelp reviewers
- Dine on a seasonal menu that changes nightly
April 5, 2013 - Oct. 26, 2013
18580 142nd Ave. NE.
Woodinville, WA 98072
- Begin your evening at the boutique winery -- winner of the 2012 Iron Vintners Challenge -- with a tour led by executive winemakers David and Cindy Lawson. Learn about the wine-making process while nibbling on hors d'oeuvres in the barrel room and sipping samples taken straight from the barrel.
- Then, watch a cooking demonstration by resident chef Julie Bergstrom before indulging in a meal like the following (menu changes nightly):
- First Course: Pesto prawns with sauvignon blanc
- Second Course: Roasted vegetable soup and grilled rosemary bread with Sangiovese
- Third Course: Shaved beet salad with candied pecans and Gorgonzola with Prima Miscela
- Fourth Course: Prosciutto-wrapped chicken with tomatoes, olives and cilantro with fennel mashed potatoes and cabernet sauvignon
- Fifth Course: Glazed chocolate cake with spiced cream and Rough House Red
- The three-hour Supper Club is offered on select Saturdays at 6 or 7 p.m. Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated when notified at time of reservation.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Saturday, April 20, through Oct. 26, 2013. Reservations are required online; subject to availability. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Each supper club must have a minimum of 10 participants; if 10 people are not scheduled, the supper club may be rescheduled for a later date. This minimum does not need to be met by one party. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Menu changes nightly. Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated when notified upon making reservation. Limit 2 vouchers per person; 2 additional may be purchased as gifts. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms