By Travelzoo Staff
March through May is spring king salmon season on the Columbia and Willamette rivers, and Travelzoo subscribers can take advantage with this $99 full-day fishing trip with Dan Ponciano -- a guide with more than 30 years of experience. Save $101 on the regular price of a six- to eight-hour excursion that includes bait, tackle and rod, and spend a day reeling in fish.
Why we love it
- Subscribers can take advantage of spring king salmon season on a full-day fishing trip
- Regularly $200, this excursion includes rod, bait and tackle and lasts 6-8 hours
- You'll fish from a 24-foot boat captained by a guide with more than 30 years' experience
- Take home the fish you catch, as long as they're in season and regulation
- Valid through September -- also catch sturgeon and silver salmon in the summer/fall
Feb. 25, 2013 - Sept. 4, 2013
Columbia River Fishing
Meeting location varies
Exact meeting point will be confirmed upon making reservation
Vancouver, WA 98685
- Guests will fish from a custom 24-foot North River Scout equipped with a full top and heater and captained by Ponciano, who has intimate knowledge of key areas of the Columbia and its tributaries. Your guide will customize your trip based on where you want to fish, from the mouth of the Columbia River to the Bonneville Dam and the top tributaries.
- This deal is valid through September, so subscribers can also fish for summer sturgeon (May-July), fall kings in August, and a combination of fall kings, silver salmon and sturgeon in September. Take home the fish you catch, as long as they're in season and in regulation.
- You can also save more with these options: take the trip with a friend for $189, regularly $400, or rent out a private boat with a group of six for $549, regularly $1200. Bring your own food and drinks to enjoy during the trip.
Depending where you fish, you will need a Washington or Oregon State Fishing License and Catch Record Card. You can purchase a Washington license here
or an Oregon license here
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, March 4, through Sept. 4, 2013. Reservations are required and must be made at least 72 hours in advance; subject to availability and weather. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; 3 additional may be purchased as gifts. A minimum of 2 people is required for trips to run or your trip may be rescheduled. A 72-hour cancellation policy applies. A Washington or Oregon State Fishing License (whichever applies) and Catch Record Card are required to take this trip and are not included. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms