By Travelzoo Staff
Soar above the downtown skyline, Bainbridge Island and Bellevue during a two-hour private flight lesson from Wings Aloft BFI. Travelzoo subscribers get hands-on flying experience behind the controls with an FAA Certified Flight Instructor for $149, saving 50% on the regular cost of this lesson. Wings Aloft is rated 4.5 stars by Yelp users.
Why we love it
- Take a hands-on introductory flight lesson for $149
- Learn to use the controls and understand the flight instruments during this 2-hour lesson
- The pilot's seat affords a bird's-eye view of downtown Seattle
- Schedule a private lesson or bring up to 2 passengers for no extra cost
- Wings Aloft BFI is rated 4.5 stars by Yelp users
- Makes a great gift for the holidays
- Upgrade to 50 hours of ground-school training with course materials and Cessna 172 rental for $1195
Dec. 7, 2012 - June 11, 2013
Wings Aloft BFI
King County International Airport/Boeing Field
8535 Perimeter Rd. South
Seattle, WA 98108
- The introductory lesson -- which makes a great holiday gift -- begins with a 45-minute pre-flight briefing at Boeing Field, where the student receives detailed instructions on how to use the controls and read the flight instruments. Then, the plane will taxi to the runway and take to the skies to learn the ins and outs of takeoff, turns, climbs, descents and landing, with 50-60 minutes in the air.
- Choose a private lesson or bring up to two friends to ride along at no additional cost. Take home an official pilot logbook at the end of your lesson, which counts as flight time toward becoming an FAA-certified pilot.
- Upgrade to the Learn-to-Fly Introductory Package that includes 50 hours of ground-school training with loaner course materials; four hours of Cessna 172 rental; all pre-flight, in-flight and post-flight instruction; and Wings Aloft student membership with two months' dues for $1195. Call Wings Aloft or visit here ('Introduction to Flying Package') for more information.
Our Deal Experts have sourced more than 100 Local Deals across the U.S. and Canada for our Holiday Gift Guide
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Dec. 11, through June 11, 2013. Reservations are required and are subject to availability. Flights are subject to rescheduling due to inclement weather, maintenance, or flight restrictions. Must be 16 years old or older to fly. Students can bring up to 2 passengers at no additional cost; group lessons are available for up to 3 students with vouchers. Total weight of student and 2 guests cannot exceed 395 pounds. A fuel surcharge of up to 10% may apply. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms